Nothing but words.




posted : Friday, November 26, 2010
title : Graduation



So what does it feel like to have graduated?

Some say its a conflicting myriad of emotions. You toss in the whooping madness, the happiness from a long-awaited moment and the excitement from the closure of one part of your life, leap-frogging into the next. Yet, beyond the liberation, you are apprehensive. One tends to be, after all, more accustomed to familiarities than change.

For me, I feel a creeping sense of freedom. Powerful maybe, of finally being able to take charge of my own life and lead it with a passionate cause.

Coming monday, I will be working out in a job that I am positively hyped out for. Don't ask how I got it. I just miraculously got it. Like.. as if it was meant to be all along.

I applied for a post as researcher/writer at The Business Times and just fucking got it - pardon the expletives, I'm still pretty shell-shocked about the whole matter. I'm still stoked at my luck for getting a job so many communication/english majors would die for, without even being one in the first place.

At this point in time all I can think of are the 'what the hell' and 'oh my gosh' phrases running on repeat mode through my little puny mind. Why me of all people to choose from? And I got selected even before undergoing the protocol writing test. I feel like I've just been given the silver platter even without working hard for it. And maybe.. sometimes the unfairness in life works to your advantage.

Anyhow, with more time on my hands (hopefully) I'm working my mind on a new story. I'm just all the more motivated because of the all people who appreciate my writing.

Like received the following comment from this random American guy who's autistic but enjoys writing:

"please update this story! I really love it and I'd like to know how Allie died and all that stuff "

Simple acknowledgements like these make my heart flutter. I sincerely am touched because I know that somewhere out there, no matter the extent, I have impacted someone.

Back to the novels and idea generation! Till then.